51: the intense coolness of aniseed
The genuine pastis of Marseille, 51 is a drink with warm, sunny origins. With its delicate natural anise flavourings, this authentic recipe inspired by Mediterranean aromas exudes incomparable coolness at all times. A great classic with the gentle flavours of the South.
51, the story of a succes
- 1951: After a ban lasting over 10 years, anise aperitifs were once again authorized. Pernod resumed production of Pernod 40 and Pernod 45, and created a new pastis, called Pernod 51 in reference to its year of creation.
- 1954: Pernod 51 was renamed Pastis 51.
- 1968: 51 became the company's leading brand
- 1978: 51 was present for the first time at the 5 Nations Cup.
- 1983: 51 entered for the first time in the Paris-Dakar race, with Hubert Auriol's motorcycle.
- 1984 to 1998: In order to adapt to consumer demand, Pernod created new bottle sizes: 70 cl, 150 cl and gallon (4.5 l).
- 1991: 51 promotional events were organised at all ferias in the south of France: Nîmes, Bayonne, Dax and Béziers.
- 2000: 51 adopted a new visual identity. Yellow, red, green and blue: four colours to symbolise the heat, creativity and spontaneity of the brand.
- 2002: 51 celebrated 51 years of existence
- 2003: The website www.pastis51.fr went online.
- 2004: Pernod created 51 Citron.
- 2006: 51 Citron was elected "2006 Flavour of the Year" in France in the anise spirits category.
All the flavours of the Mediterranean!
An association of carefully selected ingredients, 51 reveals its fresh, light natural flavourings: African kola nuts, star anise from China or Vietnam, liquorice, aromatic plants from Provence. A subtle blend that gives this pastis its unique, fruity flavour.